Your work with the subbasins, linkings and data connections can be exported as shapefiles for visualisation and/or tables with the subbasins and their attributes (ID, routing, area, elevation, SLC classes). The table can be used as the first outline to one of the main files in HYPE, the GeoData.txt.:
- Standard procedure to do before any export to get all figures correct calculated after edits.
- 12.1 Shapefiles to export
- 12.2 Textfile (HYSS file) to export
- 12.3 Export instruction
Standard procedure to do before any export to get all figures correct calculated after edits.
- Select all subbasins
- Click on Hydro/Edit 2/ clean hydro connections
- Click on Hydro/Edit 2/ Haro id/Set
- If you want your subbasins sorted (timeconsuming if large model) in correct routing order for HYPE: go on with the exports.
- If you do not want your subbasins sorted: go to the main menu/basin/Advanced settings/ and uncheck "sort basins on export"
12.1 Shapefiles to export
- subbasin polygons
- haro polygons (main river basins)
12.2 Textfile (HYSS file) to export
- The file is called HYSS. This file is the same table as the subbasin shapefile attribute file but can hold more columns and figures.This file can be used as a base to GeoData.txt.
- ROWNR: the order of the rows (no downstream basin before an upstream basin is allowed in HYPE)
- SUBID: Subbasin ID
- HAROID: Main river basin ID (= the most downstream subbasin in the network)
- MAINDOWN: The subbasin next down to the subbasin (SUBID), -9999=sea/sink.
- POURX, POURY: Pourpoint coordinates
- TARGETX, TARGETY: Targetpoint coordinate
- CENTERX, CENTERY: Centerpoint coordinate
- AREA: Area of subbasin in m2
- UPAREA: Area of the subbasin upstream area
- RIVLEN: Assumed river lenght (default = sqrt(AREA))
- CATEGORY: The category of a subbasin (where aro=ordinary subbasin; coast=river mouth; sink=endoheric subbasin).
12.3 Export instruction
Go to HYDRO/Export and choose the type of file you want to export among the buttons. You can choose where you want to save them. NOTE! You will only export the subbasins that are selected.
Here are also the tool for saving a WHIST "folder save" for just the selected basins. Further instructions here.
No instruction for the last button yet.