- 9.1 Select subbasins using mouse pointer
- 9.2 Select subbasins with buttons, external shapefile or dialog:
9.1 Select subbasins using mouse pointer
- "by ppoint": mark the pourpoint of the basin/basins
- "by touch": point and click anywhere on the basin/basins (most useful)
- "by contain": point, click and drag the mouse pointer over an area and all these subbasins within this area will be selected.
- "only coast": when you click and drag over an area only the basin with the category of coast will be selected and highlighted.
Tools for setting the function of mouse pointer selection
- Choose single subbasins or connected subbasins
- A single subbasin with or without its connected subbasins up and down can selected by checking "upstream", "donwstream" and/or "tributaries".
- With the "autodown" you will select the most downstream basin in the routing system, e.g. this can help you to find the river mouth of a main river basin.
- By checking the select tools "add", "new" and/or "remove" you are able to refine your selection the way you want. Especially together with different combination of the already shown tools.
Tools that combine several selections
9.2 Select subbasins with buttons, external shapefile or dialog:
- "select": select a basin with a certain SUBID
- "all": select all basins
- "flip": switch the selection, makes the unselected selected and vice verse.
- "clear": clear all selections
- "by file": browse for a shapefile with the areas you are interested in to select special regions, e.g. all subbasins with gauging stations, reservoirs etc.
- "by dialog": a new window will open where you can precise your selection according to several attributes as size, category etc.
Other useful tools for selection