- 5.1 User interface overview
- 5.2 Mouse and button navigation
- 5.3 Navigate according to a shapefile of SUBIDs
- 5.4 Navigate according to a list of coordinates
5.1 User interface overview
The user interface of WHIST in one of the available projections (WGS84) and a world country map as country.shp is shown here beneath. The interface have four areas for tools, settings and information.
- The main menu is for special tools and settings (1.)
- Toolbar for some regularly used tools (2.)
- Tabs for three groups of tools: Navigation (Nav), View and Hydro adjustments (Hydro) (3.)
- Info panel with information about selected subbasins and their characteristics (4.)
5.2 Mouse and button navigation
- Navigate the map with the right mouse button or with the buttons under the NAV tab (3.).
- Zoom a certain area by using the right mouse button and drag over the area of interest or use the button "+" under the NAV tab (3.)
- A right click on a point at the map will make this point the new center of the viewed map.
- Go back to previous view using the button under the NAV tab (3.)
- Zoom to the world extent using the button under the NAV tab (3.)
- Zoom out using the "-" under the NAV tab (3.)
5.3 Navigate according to a shapefile of SUBIDs
- Go to the NAV tab and click the button "navigate list of coordinates or aros".
- You can choose to navigate among the subbasins you already have loaded (click "no" to open an external file) or a shapefile containing a list of subbasin IDs that you want to check visually (click "yes" to open an externa file).
- For the internal file: Choose how you want to sort them from the attributes, e.g. area, uparea, etc.
- For the external file: Choose the column that represents the SUBIDs and then which column used for sorting the objects.
- By clicking the list you will select and/or pan/zoom the selected subbasin either based on the coordinates given by the file (Lon and Lat) or SUBID.