In the the steps below draw on the patterns and examples of existing code
- Create a new git branch.
- In ./index_function/index_functions.py add the
classthat is the "computational engine" for the index.
- In ./index_function/init.py add the class name as given in the previous point.
- In the the ./etc/metadata.yml add the metadata description of the corresponding index function.
- In setup.py add the "connection" between the index function defined in 3 and the class defined in 2.
- Create a new git branch (based on the branch created in 1).
- Implement a specific index to enable testing the index function.
- Install the new version locally in the branch.
- Run appropriate tests.
- After all tests have been passed, submit a merge request.